Monday 8 December 2014

Jake's Christmas Beer Advent Calendar - Day 05, 06, 07


I'm pretty lazy during the weekends, so here's the run down of the past 3 days of advent beer!

Fridays was Maisel's Weisse, my 3rd German Beer of the bunch. 


I'll keep this quick as I don't have too much to cover on this. Maissel's is another wheat beer, but it tastes somewhat similar to a lager. It's pretty light on the tongue, and isn't over sweet or overly citrussy. Fairly mellow to describe it broadly. 


I give it a solid 7.5/10

So far, of all the Wheat beers I've had (and this is the 3rd) they just keep getting better!



Okay, now for Saturday, beer #06

Bavaria 8.6 Black

I have no idea why it's called 8.6 Black. I know the brand "8.6 Original" is 8.6%, but this one is only 7.9%. Just seems a little odd. Anyway, One thing I am sure of is that this beer was FANTASTIC.


Dear Germans/Bavarians, Keep doing what you're doing, because this was seriously awesome. Black, thick, strong tasting, good aroma, amazing dark flavour, creamy, just all around outstanding. If you see this on the shelf pick it up. Can't recommend it enough.

This one gets a 9/10. So far the best beer I've had. I know there's 18 beer left in the Advent Calendar, but this one will be hard to beat.


Finally, the Sunday beer of the bunch, #07

Innis & Gunn - Rare Oak Pale Ale



For something so "Pale" it's awfully dark! But seriously, It's good. I was enjoying this as I cleaned the oven and inhaled a few harsh chemicals, so I'm not sure if I can give it all that honest of a review


Good clean taste, and although it's fairly malty, it wasn't syrupy and overly sweet. It had a nice bitter aftertaste and left me wanting one or two more afterwards. Dear Innis & Gunn, make a bigger bottle!

This one gets an 8/10!

Get it while you can, because it's a seasonal!

No comments: